What you will do…
Provide information to our communities in Hood River and Wasco Counties about The Next Door’s foster care program. This will include:
- In-person meet-and-greets at events, at churches, service clubs, and businesses
- Through media contacts like radio ads and interviews, print media, and social media
- Anywhere you can think of to meet people
- Any way you can think of to get the word out
- Recruit new homes to support teenage boys (ages 14-18 years old) who are in our treatment program and alternative school.
- Respond to all inquiries within reasonable timelines (preferably no more than 48 business hours).
- Partner with our Foster Parent Certifier to train and orient new foster homes.
- Demonstrate good judgment, dependability, punctuality, and conscientiousness.
- Observe the confidentiality of program participants and fellow team members.
Additional Skills and Competencies you’ll need…
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Motivating and Inspiring Others
- Equity & Inclusion
Education and Experience you need…
- High School Diploma/GED
- Public speaking and communications
- Experience in foster care preferred—either professional or personal
- Experience with “at risk” youth
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use computer programs and databases
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Sick, 11 Holidays + Floater Holiday)
- Dog Friendly
- Training Opportunities
- Jury Duty and Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Covid-19 Safe work environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Next Door, Inc
Why work at The Next Door? Because you share our vision of a supportive community where all children and families are safe, healthy and valued. Every day, we work towards making this vision a reality, by having integrity and by living our core values of being welcoming, just, empathetic, empowering and flexible. If you like to work in an environment where you’ll be learning right alongside our program participants—The Next Door is the place for you! If you like the flexibly to create your own curriculum and tailor it to your students’ ability and needs, The Next Door’s Klahre House is the right fit for you. The Klahre House Alternative school offers an educator the ability to hone your craft as an educator by having extremely small class sizes, a collaborative team of educators to partner with, and a caring and flexible administration team.
Who we are looking for? We are looking for someone who is reflective, respectful, intuitive, honest and self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who is able to connect and build trust quickly with a variety of people. We’re also looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, knows how to prioritize tasks and can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Can you work independently?
- Are you outgoing and love to meet new people?
- Most importantly, do you want to help our foster youth?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, then please apply!