- Estimated Start Date: October 2023
- Scope: Contract, 10 hours per week
- Rate: $30 – $40 per hour based on experience
- Lead education, outreach, and training initiatives on public transportation and mobility options.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the transit system, assisting various audiences in understanding schedules, transfers, and trip planning.
- Present to community groups and participate in events to promote Gorge transit.
- Develop and coordinate a travel training program for transportation-challenged residents, partnering with organizations serving diverse populations.
- Support partnership building with organizations serving underrepresented populations for future transit planning.
- Assist in managing programs like Transit Connect and promoting the Gorge Pass.
- Engage with area employers, non-profits, and organizations to identify transportation solutions.
- Prepare progress reports, final reports, and work plans as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Google software.
- Ability to manage projects independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and dedication to excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with diverse individuals.
- Reliable and self-motivated work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for transportation.
- Desired Spanish language skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Physical activities include sitting, standing, occasional movement of materials up to 25 pounds.
Usual office conditions with occasional evening, weekend, and regional travel requirements.
Flexibility in working hours, including the potential for remote work.
If you’re excited about being a catalyst for change in the Gorge’s transit system, and you have the skills and passion for community engagement, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Friday, September 22nd, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance
Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance is a non-profit bi-state network of diverse businesses and organizations working to ensure tourism is a force for local good.
We optimize the positive impacts of the visitor economy to protect our land & water while enhancing our communities through support of our arts & culture, local food, transportation options, climate sustainability, small businesses, community collaboration, and overall welcomability with access for all.
The GOrge Pass is an annual transit pass that gives you easy bus transportation to and from Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA and around the Columbia River Gorge.
You can take unlimited, seamless, fixed route rides on four transit providers: Columbia Area Transit (including the Columbia Gorge Express and the Gorge-to-Mountain Express), The Link Public Transit, Mt. Adams Transportation Services, and Skamania County Transit