Want to be a part of a world-class brewing team AND work for a brewery with great company culture and above-market pay and benefits?
We are accepting resumes for a brewer position in our 35,000+ barrel a year production brewery. Our new brewer will be expected to contribute in all parts of the brewing department including wort production on both a 50bbl semi-automatic brewhouse and 15bbl manual brewhouse, centrifuge and filter operation, handling and organizing raw ingredients, cellar work and yeast handling, tank cleaning/sanitizing, and contribution to our culture of safety and continuous improvement.
The proper fit for this position is someone who is dedicated to the craft of brewing with a strong appreciation for good beer. They are a hard worker, capable of multi-tasking effectively, and able to work with sharp focus and tidiness. As part of the brewing team you will be expected to develop and manage a self driven project to improve the brewing process or our facility.
You are a hard worker, capable of multitasking effectively, and able to work with sharp focus and cleanliness. You seek hands-on experience, continuing education, and the opportunity to learn in an elite setting.
You work well with others
You enjoy working with others who share a passion for beer, quality, and innovation. Let’s be honest, you spend a lot of time with your colleagues, and you deserve to work with great people. You like to grab a shift beer with the people you work with and care about your co-workers.
You are a juggling master
Work in a production brewery can sometimes be hectic, no matter how well we plan, and how good our team is. You don’t get fired up under pressure, and know how to prioritize, and maintain a positive attitude. You know how to ask for help and how to manage tasks and emotions when it’s go-time.
- At least two years of commercial brewing experience (or related field) at a brewery producing over 10,000 barrels per year.
- Formal brewing education and/or a degree in a similar discipline is recommended. A combination of work experience and relevant education may be considered for the right candidate.
- Solid references are required
- Ability to lift 55 pound bags of malt and 44 pound boxes of hops repeatedly
- Safely operate a stand up electric forklift
- Comprehend and remember standard operating procedures
- Self motivate and maintain a fast pace of detailed, accurate work
- Contribute to our obsessive cleanliness
We are a passionate group who take our work seriously but don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our team is made up of highly talented individuals not only in their jobs but also their hobbies and personal pursuits. Whether it’s enjoying shift beers with the crew or experiencing the Columbia Gorge outdoor scene with co-workers, the pFriem team is warm and welcoming with a strong bond over beer. We promote from within so there is opportunity for career advancement.
You get to work in one of the most stunning locations in the PNW! pFriem is located at the Hood River Waterfront park with epic views of the Columbia River Gorge. Mt. Hood is a short drive from town where you can recreate all year long. You’ll be surrounded by a Gorge community that thrives with local purveyors and people passionate about beer, food, the outdoors, and its people.
- You’ll receive above market compensation
- Three weeks of paid time off and paid holidays
- Four week paid sabbatical after five years of employment
- Monthly beer benefit of at least $200
- Big discounts in our tasting room for meals, beer, and merchandise
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- You will have access to short-term disability insurance coverage, paid paternity/maternity leave and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Participate in our retirement savings plan (401k)
- Company-wide outings
- Paid time off to volunteer for local charities and nonprofits
- Annual wellness benefit
If this sounds like a good fit, please send a cover-letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About pFriem Family Brewers
pFriem (pronounced “freem”) artisanal beers are symphonies of flavor and balance, influenced by the great brewers of Europe, but unmistakably true to our homegrown roots in the Pacific Northwest. We are guided by a religious commitment to quality and the never-ending pursuit of innovation. Although they are served humbly, each glass is overflowing with pride and a relentless aspiration to brew the best beer in the world.
pFriem Family Brewers has experienced incredible growth in the past eight years and has earned prestigious awards, including being named GABF® 2018 Mid-Size Brewing Company of the Year, Three-Time Brewery of the Year by the Beer Connoisseur, Best Brewpub Experience by Oregon Beer Awards, and numerous medals in national and international brewing competitions.
Our team is made up of 90+ multi-talented individuals from Tasting Room to Brewery who are committed to giving craft beer lovers the best beer, food, and service experience possible.